[row depth=”3″ depth_hover=”5″]
[title style=”center” text=”Ministry Residency in San Francisco” tag_name=”h1″]
[col span=”8″ span__sm=”12″]
Study at Newbigin House
- Take three graduate level courses (Spiritual Theology, Public Theology, Missional Theology).
- Join a cohort of theology students from across the country.
- Receive advanced standing at one of four partner seminaries.
- More info about the academic program can be found at: https://newbiginhouse.org/seminary
Ministry at City Church & City Hope
- A final role description, personalized to each ministry resident based on their gifts and interests, will be finalized after enrollment. The following is a general list of sample duties.
- Participate in a variety of congregational ministry areas at City Church (e.g., youth ministry, worship ministry, community groups, special events, etc.); approx. 10 hrs/wk.
- Join City Hope’s community development work in the Tenderloin (e.g., prepare and serve meals, welcome and engage participants, plan community events, participate in neighborhood memorial services, county jail worship services, etc.); approx. 10 hrs/wk.
- Participate in periodic staff development training opportunities.
- Remuneration includes: a monthly stipend ($1,000/mo), housing at City Hope House, and a tuition and book allowance
- Begins September 2019, ends June 2020; specific beginning and ending dates are flexible
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Complete the Newbigin Year Application.
Newbigin House of Studies is pleased to offer this ministry residency in partnership with two vibrant affiliated ministries in San Francisco.
City Church San Francisco is a community of Jesus followers, seeking the renewal of San Francisco, and through it the world.
City Hope Community Center was established by City Church to connect with San Francisco’s marginalized residents – those struggling with addiction, mental or physical illness, cycles of incarceration, poverty and isolation. City Hope’s mission is to empower our neighbors in the Tenderloin to establish stable, healthy lives. We provide a trusted gathering place and creatively offer as many elements of home as possible for our neighbors on the streets.[/col] [/row]